This Privacy Notice applies to personal details, collected about you by TIMB (Tune Insurance Malaysia Berhad), its related and/or associate and other affiliated companies. It shall encompass personal detail(s) by which you can be identified or identifiable.
Description and Source of Personal Data We Collect
- The processing of your personal detail(s) shall start from the point of collection until the point of deletion from our records which may include recording, storing, organizing, altering, correcting, erasing, retrieving, disclosing your personal detail(s) for purpose of performing obligations under the insurance contract/agency contract/work contract/employment contract between you and TIMB.
- As such, the following examples of your personal detail(s) may be collected:
- Name, age, gender; date of birth;
- Email address, postal address;
- Occupation, contact nos;
- Other information about you and/or your spouse or other family members or next-of-kin such as name, age, gender, occupation, etc. where it shall be deemed that you would have obtained consent for the disclosure of details of other related parties or you have the rights to do so;
- Payment details from the use of credit/debit cards, bank account details;
- Sensitive data like physical or mental health conditions if the proposal relates to any Medical & Health Insurance products and/or services. We shall obtain your explicit consent if we need to collect sensitive details
- Your personal detail(s) shall be collected from various sources including:
- Directly from you if there is no intermediary involved;
- Our authorised intermediaries like agents, financial planners/advisers or brokers, recruitment agencies;
- Collected about you when you use our on-line services;
- Our holding company, related and associated companies and affiliated companies;
- Third parties such as employers, legal representatives, business partners, industry associations, or other related organizations.
Purpose of Data Processing
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes which may not be limited to the following:-
- Risk assessment and Underwriting, reinsurance, premium collection, policy issuance, claims administering and processing and claims payment;
- We use your personal detail(s) to provide you with the product(s) and service(s) requested and informing you important changes or developments on the product(s) from time to time;
- Crime prevention, detection or prosecution, and disclosure to a third party in order to comply with the law and regulatory obligations;
- Assessment of customer behaviour, market and product analysis and market research;
- Inform you about other product(s) and service(s) offered by TIMB and its strategic partners or affiliated companies within the group including any promotional items that are unsolicited either through postal mail, email, telemarketing or SMS;
- Attending to enquiries or complaints and resolving disputes under the contract; Maintaining underwriting history; and
- For carrying out other obligations under the contract of insurance; etc.
- Register you as our authorized agent, conduct credit references and behaviour background checks;
- To meet with any regulatory requirements;
- Inform you important changes or developments on our product(s) from time to time;
- Inform you about other new product(s) and service(s) offered by timb and its strategic partners or affiliated companies within the group; and
- Payment of commissions and other benefits you are entitled to; etc.
Employment or Other contracts
(where it may appropriately apply):
- Conduct credit references and behaviour background or criminal records checking;
- Medical diagnosis and establishing health conditions;
- Payroll and employee benefits processing and record keeping;
- Administering employee affairs and record-keeping;
- Trainings and/or course registrations, hotel reservation or flight booking;
- Any processing that is necessary for the enforcement of any laws and regulations including crime reporting;
- Processing payment of professional fees or charges; and
- Evaluate tender documents or proposals submitted by you; etc.
- Others – Inform you about other product(s) and service(s) offered by TIMB, its related companies, associate companies and/or affiliated companies and their strategic partners including any promotional items that are unsolicited either through postal mail, email, telemarketing or SMS.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
- Your personal detail(s) is/are not exclusive to TIMB since as part of our normal business conduct and in our bid to deliver you best customer experiences we may rely on third parties and third party service providers to extend support or services in which we may be compelled to disclose your personal detail(s) to them including other co-insurers or reinsurers, insurance loss assessors/adjusters, panel solicitors, private investigators, panel repairers, panel clinics and hospitals, Third Party Administrators (TPA), industry associations or statistical bodies, vendors, professional advisors, agencies, regulatory bodies, fraud prevention agencies, governmental agencies, whether located in or outside Malaysia.
- If you are our customer, we and our related and associated companies may share your personal details with our affiliated companies and third parties such as industry associates or business partners (within or outside of Malaysia) to provide you with enhanced services and send you product or services marketing communications or promotional notifications that we hope you will find of interest to you.
- It is therefore voluntary for you to furnish us your personal details as per our request, however if you opt not to do so, we may not be able to proceed with offering of the product(s) and service(s) you request, or to inform you about other products and services offered by TIMB or to continue with execution of the contract between you and TIMB, as the case may be.
Your Rights and Choices
- It is our priority to keep personal details collected from you accurate, up-to-date and protected. You may view, correct or update your details found to be inaccurate, incomplete or misleading by making a written request at our Customer Services counter or via email or facsimile as indicated below. We shall reply within 21 days upon receiving your written request.
- You may also request in writing to stop or not to begin processing your personal data.
- If you wish not to receive or to stop receiving promotional emails or other forms of direct marketing communications from TIMB, you may choose to opt out by writing to our Customer Service or emailing us, as per details below.
- TIMB is committed to ensure the protection of your personal detail(s) against unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration or deletion. We have in place electronic, physical, procedural safeguards to protect your personal detail(s) at all times.
- TIMB shall attend to all enquiries or complaints you may have pertaining to your personal detail(s), within the ambit of law.
- TIMB shall retain your personal data for as long as it is required or permitted by law.
- TIMB reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at any time without prior notice. Any such amendment shall be effective once the revised changes have been posted on the website and therefore you are encouraged to check the contents herein from time to time so that you are aware of any amendments that we have made.
How to Contact Us
- Please forward your correspondence to:
Tune Insurance Malaysia Berhad
Level 9, Wisma Tune
No. 19, Lorong Dungun
50490 Kuala Lumpur.
Fax: 03-2092 1029
Email: [email protected]