- DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
- LOCAL COMMUNITIES (COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT)
- OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY
We value our people and acknowledge that each has his or her own experiences and perspectives to contribute to a successful working environment. We seek to maintain a workforce that is well-balanced with respect to gender, ethnicity and age as well as ensure that our recruitment process is unbiased and focused on the skills and capabilities presented by candidates. Beyond the hiring process, diversity is further supported through ensuring equal opportunity within our organization with respect to career development, promotion and training. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce play a key role in helping Tune Protect become a leader and the employer of choice in the insurance industry.
As a responsible corporate citizen, we seek to meaningfully assist the dependent and underserved communities within our reach. We have a Corporate Social Responsibility framework with 3 pillars promoting Financial Literacy, Entrepreneurship and Protection (“FEP”). The Tune Protect flagship Orang Asli Financial Literacy, Empowerment & Entrepreneurship Programme (“FLEE”) programme is an initiative under this framework and it provides the Orang Asli with useful knowledge and ideas on how to “flee” aimless, joblessness, extreme poverty and social ills.
In addition to FLEE, Tune Protect also stretches a helping hand to help sustain other dependent and underserved communities that come within our established local communities’ engagement framework. In doing so, we collaborate with several organisations to leverage their expertise for the delivery of the most impactful programs and activities.
We realise the impact that COVID-19 has brought upon to our nation, especially to individuals and businesses. Realising this impact, we have introduced the Tune Protect Cares – COVID-19. Additionally, Tune Protect Malaysia has also participated in the COVID-19 Test Fund (CTF) of RM8 million which is jointly funded by the insurance and takaful companies through the respective industry associations to cover the costs for screening of up to RM300 per policyholder and takaful certificate holder.
For more information on how we respond to the pandemic, please click here.
Tune Protect Orang Asli Financial Literacy, Empowerment & Entrepreneurship (FLEE) Programme 2020
Phase 3/2020 – Business Tools, Social Media Marketing, Road Mapping & Computer Literacy
Tune Protect 4th Blood Donation Drive 2018
Tune Protect launches the Orang Asli Financial Literacy, Empowerment & Entrepreneurship (FLEE) Programme 2018
Tune Protect & COBRATS Malaysia Sponsor PROBRATS Rugby Training for Yayasan Chow Kit and Tune Protect Children 2018
While the world is experiencing the effects of the global COVID-19 pandemic, it has brought significant disruption and a sense of crisis for many organisations. At Tune Protect, the health, safety and well-being of our employees are placed highly on our list of priorities.
In line with the SDG 3: Good Health and Well Being, we fully support the goal through various initiatives such as the implementation of health and safety measures in the workplace, as well as remote and hybrid working arrangements from the start of the pandemic. The health and safety measures that have been implemented include, among others:
- Activating remote and/or split working arrangements to minimise risk of infection and ensure business continuity;
- Modifying the nationwide operations of our branches and service counters to partial capacity and specific operating hours to ensure uninterrupted service to our customers;
- Keeping our customers and/or business partners informed about COVID-19 business-related initiatives through website and social media;
- Placing hand sanitisers and social distancing markers in and around the workplace;
- Displaying posters reminding employees to practise social distancing and hygienic habits;
- Minimising the number of people in meeting rooms and common areas to avoid crowding;
- Screening of body temperature and MySejahtera QR code registration at all entry points; and
- Preparation of Isolation Room/Areas with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Kits.
As the country continues to battle the pandemic, we continuously engage with our people through regular internal communications platform to communicate the latest development of the pandemic which includes travel advisories, FAQs, SOPs, and operations updates to ensure that our business can continue to resume with minimal disruption while safeguarding the health, safety and well-being of our employees.
Hear more from our leaders as they shared the Tune Protect story and journey on how we navigated the challenges and led through the crisis: The Tune Protect Journey: Leading Through Crisis.