- Climate Change & Action
- MATERIALS (RESOURCE CONSUMPTION)
We recognise the importance of climate-related disclosures and their importance to our business, investors and stakeholders. To ensure that we are transparent about our efforts towards mitigating climate change and integrating these into our business strategy.
Additionally, we do not take on the risks associated with companies involved in the production of tobacco and weapons, which are harmful industries and in support of the UN SDGs.
While we are in the process of enhancing our capacity to measure our indirect, Scope 3 emissions, we aim to encourage our customers to manage their own carbon emissions, particularly those generated indirectly through our product offerings.
Our other initiatives to reduce electricity consumption include:
- Earth Hour Fridays in offices, where we turned off unnecessary lights and electrical appliances for one hour from 12pm to 1pm.
- Replaced lights with LED bulbs in the Boardroom at our headquarters.
- Installed programmed timers for water boilers to reduce electricity consumption, enabling them to power off automatically every day after working hours.
- Lighting floor plans for switching off non-essential lights when no longer required on Level 9 of Wisma Tune (our headquarters).
We began tracking the water consumption 16 of our branches across Malaysia to gain greater insights into our environmental impacts in 2022. Our water consumption for the year was 1,009 m3.
- Includes the design, development, and delivery of our products electronically and digitally
- Emailing policy documents to customers, providing fully editable forms
- E-billing and e-card features, for paperless transactions
- Paperless collaterals and business cards
- Initiated Project KonMari in 2021; involves the removal of outdated dot matrix printers used in our business operations which were major sources of our paper consumption. Adjusting default office printer settings to duplex and grayscale printing, while installation of new printer devices is on a request basis. We also give employees the option to print on recycled paper for internal usage when necessary.
We encourage employees to reduce their carbon footprints by doing their part in preventing indiscriminate dumping of recyclable materials. Employees are encouraged to use waste bins and collection containers so that they can reduce waste at source.
- Reduce & Repurpose
The Green Screen group on our Workplace social media platform aims to present messaging to educate readers about the carbon emissions generated from unnecessary purchases and should therefore be avoided where possible. We also have initiatives to reduce the usage of paper with paperless options and digital delivery.
Our employees are encouraged to opt for reusable food containers, bottles and bags in place of singleuse plastic, especially for meals at the office. We help our communities through Project KonMari and donate gently-used furniture to charitable organisations such as IDEAS Autism Centre, IDEAS Academy, Bake with Dignity, Negeri Sembilan Deaf Association, Monfort Boys Town, Monfort Training Centre Melaka and Chin Refugee School Kuala Lumpur.
To prevent glass, metal, and mercury content from polluting landfills and leaking into water resources, we recycled fluorescent tubes and e-waste materials. They were all sent to collection facilities, wherein employees made sure they were disposed of and recycled in compliance with the law. This also includes the recycling of bulbs, paper and plastic at IPC Recyclable Waste Drop Off Station. We also have a bi-annual e-waste initiative to collect, recycle and dispose batteries at 1Utama Recycling Centre